Grants from the Parish Council
Each year the Parish Council awards grants to local organisations under Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972. The budget for 2016/17 is £12,000. To see who received grants during 2018/19, 2017/18, 2016/17, 2015/16 or 2014/15 click below:
TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORMLPC Grant app form 2019.20.docx
Loggerheads Parish Council (LPC) Grant Guidelines / Criteria
Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972 allows a local authority (*) to spend a limited amount on activities for which it has no specific power, but which the authority considers ‘will bring direct benefit to the area, or any part of it or all of some its inhabitants’. The Local Government and Housing Act 1989 added the requirement that the benefit obtained should be commensurate with the expenditure incurred.
(*) “Local Authority” means in relation to England, a County Council, a District Council, a London Borough Council, the Common Council or a Parish Council, So Loggerheads Parish Council is authorised to make such payments.
Criteria / Parameters
• A LPC Grant will be available to community groups, residents groups and voluntary organisations in all areas of the Parish (consideration will be given to certain groups outside of the Parish boundary if there is sufficient evidence to show benefit to residents of the Parish). Groups receiving a LPC grant will have to have an organisational bank or building society account with a minimum of two signatories. Applicants will also be required to provide a copy of their most recent statement of accounts.
• A LPC grant will only be available to not for profit making enterprises.
• Any payments made are subject to the normal budgetary constraints of the Parish Council.
• Payments will be made at the absolute discretion of the Parish Council.
• Application forms can be obtained by contacting the clerk (contact details on the top of this document) or download.
• All applications must contain the requested information as set out in the criteria section above, any incomplete applications will not be considered.
• The Finance Committee will sit and scrutinise the application and will then make recommendations to the Full Council meeting.
• Once approved by Full Council, the clerk will send out a letter informing applicants of the decision and amount of grant allocated to them if applicable.
• Cheques or payment by BACS will be done within a few weeks of the grant being approved.LPC request that the recipient of the grant recognises and publicises the contribution made by the Parish Council and come along to the Annual Parish Meeting (normally held in April) to collect a presentation cheque and inform members of Loggerheads Parish Council what the funds will/have been spent on.
• Applications and Decisions made by the Parish Council will be recorded in the Parish Council Minutes which are available for public inspection and on their website.
NB - LPC GRANTS RUN WITHIN A FINANCIAL YEAR APRIL – MARCH.